Tips for voice-overs
- Check the script for any spelling error or grammar issues before the recording. This reduces the chance of any mistakes being made and re-recording to correct them, saving you time and money.
- Make sure the script you send is the final version before we start recording, any changes afterward can be expensive to rectify.
- Make a list or glossary of words, product names, etc that need to be kept in English.
- Provide reference materials and find out if the subject has already been translated or voiced into the language you require. This might mean there are already established ways to spell and pronounce product names etc.
- Check Video usage as many voice artists charge depending on the end usage of the video i.e TV broadcast, radio broadcast, internet, IVR and e-learning.
- Be aware of buyouts for broadcast usage, as the buyout duration may differ in terms of cost and length (the period of when the material can be shown i.e weeks, months and years) depending on the country and regions the material is broadcast in.
Kurdish voice artists
The level of Kurdish voice-over required can vary. Some clients require high level, BBC style Kurdish voice-over artists for commercial use, others require just a clear reading voice, while some prefer a Kurdish voice-over by a local amateur. The choice is the clients. Depending on the subject matter, some choose a male or female for their Kurdish voice and specify a specific age group.
At Adelphi, we will try to accommodate whatever type of Kurdish voice-over you require. We will either send samples of artists we already have on our books or search for and record new voices for you to choose from. Please be aware that the price of a voice-over artist will be dependent on their level of professionalism.
Kurdish voice-over translations
Adelphi aims to provide a full service to our customers. The translation itself is just a part of this service. Our experienced in-house team will work with you to fully understand your project in order to effectively manage the workflow from concept to completion. Our ultimate aim is to facilitate your communication objectives. Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only into their mother tongue. This ensures accuracy.
Adelphi Studio is a full-service translation agency producing not only Kurdish voice-overs and translations but also Kurdish typesetting and Kurdish subtitling.
We also provide transcription services in any language, to provide time-coded scripts for translation. The length of many languages will expand when compared to original English and care must be taken in the translation to keep the true meaning of the English, while staying within the time frame allowed. For voice-overs and depending on the language, we sometimes have to edit the English to make a more concise version of the original, this is because the spoken version of many languages is much longer than the English and would not fit in the allocated time-slot. Of course, the edited English is approved by the client before translation into Kurdish.
Articulate Storyline localization service
We can translate not just the text from your Articulate Storyline course itself but also localize all of the button and slider content too, we also add voice-overs and subtitles to any embedded videos using translated scripts and voice talents we can provide.
Adelphi Studio also translates and produces foreign language subtitles in all video formats such as MOV, MPEG-2, WMV, FLV, etc., making it ready to publish for film, TV, the web or as a DVD with language menus.
Kurdish subtitling click on the video to play
Adelphi Studio offers subtitling and voice-over services globally from our offices in the UK and the USA.
All US, Canadian, and South American inquiries should be directed to our US office while all other inquiries should go to our UK office.
Tel : 916 414 8714
Tel : +44 (0)114 272 3772