A recent project for Best Western Hotels in 18 language
Click on the video to play
This project was also recorded in Hausa, English UK, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Russian, Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese and Korean.
Tips for voice-overs
- Check the script for any spelling error or grammar issues before the recording. This reduces the chance of any mistakes being made and re-recording to correct them, saving you time and money.
- Make sure the script you send is the final version before we start recording, any changes afterward can be expensive to rectify.
- Make a list or glossary of words, product names etc that need to be kept in English.
- Provide reference materials and find out if the subject has already been translated or voiced into the language you require. This might mean there are already established ways to spell and pronounce product names etc.
- Check Video usage as many voice artists charge depending on the end usage of the video i.e TV broadcast, radio broadcast, internet, IVR and e-learning.
- Be aware of buyouts for broadcast usage, as the buyout duration may differ in terms of cost and length (the period of when the material can be shown i.e weeks, months and years) depending on the country and regions the material is broadcast in.
Hausa voice-over translations
As part of our Hausa voice-over service, Adelphi provides a full translation service to our customers. Our in-house translation team will work with you to fully understand your project in order to effectively manage the workflow from concept to completion. Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only into their mother tongue. This ensures accuracy.
If the Hausa voice-over is going to be used with a video, then the voice-over translation could include time-codes to help the engineer sync up the audio to the video.
Style of translation is important for voice-over translations and should reflect the genre, e.g. if it is for marketing, public information, drama etc. The audio translator will have a copy of the video as a reference and is instructed to translate using a style to match the source material. All our translators have signed an NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
Adelphi Studio is a full-service translation agency producing not only Hausa voice-overs and translations but also typesetting and subtitling.
We also provide transcription services in any language, to provide time-coded scripts for translation. The length of many languages will expand when compared to original English and care must be taken in the translation to keep the true meaning of the English, while staying within the time frame allowed. For voice-overs and depending on the language, we sometimes have to edit the English to make a more concise version of the original, this is because the spoken version of many languages is much longer than the English and would not fit in the allocated time-slot. Of course, the edited English is approved by the client before translation into Hausa.
Articulate Storyline localization service
We can translate not just the text from your Articulate Storyline course itself but also localize all of the button and slider content too, we also add voice-overs and subtitles to any embedded videos using translated scripts and voice talents we can provide.
Adelphi has translated and subtitled foreign language films into over 50 languages. Visit our subtitling pages to see more samples including additional services such as on-screen text localization.
Click on the video to play
Adelphi Studio offer subtitling and voice-over services globally from our offices in the UK and the USA.
All US, Canadian, and South American inquiries should be directed to our US office while all other inquiries should go to our UK office.
Tel : +44 (0)114 272 3772
Tel : 916 414 8714