Tips for voice-overs
- Check the script for any spelling errors or grammar issues before the recording. This reduces the chance of any mistakes being made and re-recording to correct them, saving you time and money.
- Make sure the script you send is the final version before we start recording, any changes afterward can be expensive to rectify.
- Make a list or glossary of words, product names, etc that need to be kept in English.
- Provide reference materials and find out if the subject has already been translated or voiced into the language you require. This might mean there are already established ways to spell and pronounce product names etc.
- Check Video usage as many voice artists charge depending on the end usage of the video i.e TV broadcast, radio broadcast, internet, IVR, and e-learning.
- Be aware of buyouts for broadcast usage, as the buyout duration may differ in terms of cost and length (the period of when the material can be shown i.e weeks, months, and years) depending on the country and regions the material is broadcast in.
Icelandic voice artists
Our Icelandic voice artists have been carefully selected to give a range of styles suitable for drama, commercials, corporate, films, IVR’s (Interactive voice response), narrations, etc., for you to choose from. Their voices also cover a variety of ages, from children to the elderly, plus character acting too.
Our experienced sound engineers and project managers will look after all your Icelandic voice-over needs and are available to answer any questions you may have.
A recent project for Best Western Hotels in 18 language
This example of a recent voice-over project for Best Western was recorded in Danish, Dutch, English UK, Icelandic,
French, Japanese, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish,
Turkish, Russian, Chinese, and Korean.
Here are just a few examples.
To see the full story about our voice-overs for Best Western
in 18 languages Click here
Icelandic voice-over translations
If the Icelandic audio is going to be used over a video, then the Icelandic voice-over translation could include time-codes to help the engineer sync up the audio to the video.
The style of translation is important for voice-over translations and should reflect the genre, e.g. if it is for marketing, public information, drama, etc. The audio translator will have a copy of the video as a reference and is instructed to translate using a style to match the source material.
As part of our Icelandic voice-over service, Adelphi provides a full translation service to our customers. Our experienced translation team will work with you to fully understand your project in order to effectively manage the workflow from concept to completion. Our ultimate aim is to facilitate your communication objectives. Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only in their mother tongue. This ensures accuracy.
Adelphi Studio is a full-service translation agency producing not only Icelandic voice-overs and translations but also typesetting and subtitling.
We also provide transcription services in any language, to provide time-coded scripts for translation. The length of many languages will expand when compared to original English and care must be taken in the translation to keep the true meaning of the English, while staying within the time frame allowed. For voice-overs and depending on the language, we sometimes have to edit the English to make a more concise version of the original, this is because the spoken version of many languages is much longer than the English and would not fit in the allocated time slot. Of course, the edited English is approved by the client before translation into Icelandic.
Articulate Storyline localization service
We can translate not just the text from your Articulate Storyline course itself but also localize all of the button and slider content too, we also add voice-overs and subtitles to any embedded videos using translated scripts and voice talents we can provide.
Adelphi Studio also translates and produces foreign language subtitles into over 50 languages. Visit our subtitling ages to see examples including additional services such as on-screen text localization.