Adelphi is a Dutch subtitling agency creating localized Dutch subtitles, we also provide transcriptions, SRT and STL file creation, Dutch subtitle translations and on-screen text localization.
Included in our Dutch subtitling services Adelphi provides Dutch SRT and STL subtitle translations that can be used to created subtitles either directly on the video or uploaded onto YouTube to create Dutch subtitles when required.
Tips for subtitling
- Always check if the subject has already been translated into the language you require, this might mean there are established ways to spell product names etc. Where possible, provide a glossary list of these, so we can inform our translators.
- Make sure the video you provide us with is final, as all of the translated content and timings will have to be redone at an extra cost if they change in the middle of the project.
- It is always best to transcribe the video with time-codes in the original language first and only then translate, so only one set of time-coding needs to be done. If not, then we have to time-code each language individually, meaning extra costs and longer turnarounds.
- If you’re planning on shooting raw footage in a language you are unfamiliar with and editing it later, please ask your guide or interpreter if they can give you a written transcript of everything that was recorded.
Click the video to play
Adelphi is a Dutch subtitling agency that aims to provide a full localization service to our customers.
Our Dutch language services include:
- Dutch Document Translations
- Dutch Subtitle Translations
- Dutch Voice-over Translations
- Dutch Transcriptions
- Dutch Voiceovers and Voice Artists
- Dutch Subtitling
- Dutch On-screen text Localisation
- Dutch Motion Graphics Localisation
- Dutch Graphics Localization
- Dutch Typesetting
- Dutch e-learning Localization
Adelphi has been producing Dutch subtitles for over ten years for a range of companies and organisations worldwide. Adelphi can produce Dutch subtitles in all video formats including MOV, MPEG-2, WMV, FLV, etc.
Adelphi always produces all their Dutch subtitles in-house and never outsource any of the work. Our multimedia department is set up to work on a wide range of specifications and is able to take your original video or DVD and create a working copy with Dutch subtitles ready to publish for film, TV, on the internet or on DVD.
Adelphi clients include Barclays Bank, the International Olympic Committee, Cisco, Raison, Amnesty International, UNICEF, Vidal Sassoon, Jaguar and many other companies and their agencies.
These Dutch subtitles were ‘burnt on’ to the video (also called open captions) and because the nature of the video we used a transparent band behind the text for easy readability. There are many styles subtitles to display on your video. We can give advise on the best type for your video and produce samples for you to choose from. We can also help with the best fonts to use as well.
Dutch On-Screen Text Localization
As well as producing the subtitles we can also localize any on-screen text, motion graphics etc into Dutch. Depending on the complexity and how the original text was produced we may require the data package it was made in.
Dutch to English Subtitling
Through our Dutch to English Subtitling Service, we produce SRTs and open- and closed-caption subtitles in English for a wide range of applications and in many styles. We manage the entire process for you from start to finish, including transcription, translation, proofreading and subtitling.
SRT and STL Dutch Subtitle Translations
To produce the Dutch subtitle translation, we would use a Dutch audiovisual translator who would create translated subtitles in Dutch directly from the video in the source language. The subtitle translator would then produce an SRT file that is then be used to make burnt-on Dutch subtitles. SRT and STL files are also used to provide subtitles for YouTube videos.
Adelphi Studio is part of Adelphi Translations Ltd. a full-service translation agency producing not just Dutch translations but also Dutch typesetting and Dutch voice-overs. Using Adelphi’s Dutch translation services for subtitling, quality and timing can be closely controlled throughout the project, ensuring that your subtitles will always be ready to publish on or before your deadline.
We also provide Dutch subtitling for translation agencies around the world and are happy to work with their translations. As some languages must use specific fonts in order to work with the subtitling software, we can consult with you on your needs and advise you of all of your options. Adelphi is a proud member of the Association of Translation Companies (ATC).
We also offer a transcription service for those customers lacking a transcript of their videos. We provide time-coded scripts of your videos ready to for translation. We will then use those translations for the subtitle text, sending you the files at each stage of the process for you to review and assess.
Articulate Storyline Localization
Through our combination of technical expertise and quality translation provision, we are able to localize your Articulate Storyline courses and presentations in any language, allowing your content to inform and educate new audiences.
We can translate not just the text from your Articulate Storyline course itself but also localize all of the button and slider content too, we also add voice-overs and subtitles to any embedded videos using translated scripts and voice talents we can provide.