Professional Arabic typesetting services
Adelphi is an Arabic print localization specialist with over 20 years’ experience providing Arabic typesetting services, we localize Arabic brochures, manuals, and packaging, creating print-ready PDFs set to your specifications.
We have helped hundreds of publishing companies, advertising, and design agencies and their clients break into new markets and promote their business in Arabic. As well as working for translation agencies worldwide, Adelphi has been a trusted supplier for companies such as Disney, Jaguar Land Rover, the Royal Armouries, HSBC, Barclays bank, Vidal Sassoon, the Overseas Development Institute and Amnesty International.
We also produce monthly financial reports in Arabic for use in 5 Arabic countries.
As a truly professional Arabic typesetting company, we don’t subcontract your work, our highly experienced staff produces all our typesetting in-house. We also proofread and DTP QA the work before submitting a PDF proof for approval, keeping you in control at all stages.
Arabic typesetting requires flipping the document so it reads right to left, also so it can be read with the correct pagination in place. Read our blog page on Arabic fonts https://adelphistudio.com/arabic-typesetting-arabic-fonts/
We produce all kinds of Arabic print materials including corporate brochures, packaging, business cards, posters, and manuals.
We can also localize any graphics in the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We often get asked to use Arabic numbers in our Arabic typesetting but “Arabic numbers” are actually most commonly refer to the numerals widely used in Europe and the Americas. e.g. 123456789. Whereas the client often wants us to use Arabic-Indic numbers. See below.
We need the English original data for us to adapt into Arabic, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “data collect or package” which includes all images, fonts, and links (images) to the document. Without these, we cannot create a print-ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished Arabic document as a print-ready PDF set to your specifications, if required we can also outline the text in InDesign so you can print from the InDesign file itself.
Adelphi has localized many books, here are just a few examples read more here. Adelphi provides book translation and localizing into over 100 languages for publishing companies and authors.
Get the most out of your typesetting localization project – tips and advice read more here
- Many languages will expand once translated from English, so we’d recommend you leave some space for this. If in doubt, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Your style can be central to your project, but sometimes simple really is best. Drop caps, bold, italics, and color text in the same paragraph can sometimes not translate into your chosen language in the way required to reproduce the effect. By avoiding these you can keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them. This is where our company’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it to the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.
Arabic translation services
Adelphi has its own in-house translation department providing translations in over 120 languages including all right to left languages such as Arabic. Adelphi ensures all our translators work only into their mother tongue, ensuring the accuracy and message of your project. By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting it ensures that you get the best of services.
Adelphi Studio offers typesetting, subtitling, and voice-over services globally from our offices in the UK and the USA.
All US, Canadian, and South American inquiries should be directed to our US office while all other inquiries should go to our UK office.
Tel : +44 (0)114 272 3772
Tel : 916 414 8714