Maltese voice artists
- Click the + to add voices to favorites and these will automatically be included in your quote request.
- Fill out the rest of the form and we will get back to you with a quote.
You can download any of the audio files with the download button on the audio player.
Tips for voiceovers
- Check the script for any spelling errors or grammar issues before the recording. This reduces the chance of any mistakes being made and re-recording to correct them, saving you time and money.
- Make sure the script you send is the final version before we start recording, any changes afterward can be expensive to rectify.
- Make a list or glossary of words, product names, etc that need to be kept in English.
- Provide reference materials and find out if the subject has already been translated or voiced into the language you require. This might mean there are already established ways to spell and pronounce product names etc.
- Check Video usage as many voice artists charge depending on the end usage of the video i.e TV broadcast, radio broadcast, internet, IVR, and e-learning.
- Be aware of buyouts for broadcast usage, as the buyout duration may differ in terms of cost and length (the period of when the material can be shown i.e weeks, months, and years) depending on the country and regions the material is broadcast in.
Maltese voice-over translations
Adelphi aims to provide full service to our customers. The translation itself is just a part of this service. Our experienced team will work with you to fully understand your project in order to effectively manage the workflow from concept to completion. Our ultimate aim is to facilitate your communication objectives. Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only into their mother tongue. This ensures accuracy.
If the voice-over is going to be used over a video of a different language, then the voice-over translation may include time-codes to help the voice-artist and engineer sync up the voice to the video. Style of translation can be important for voice-over translation and must reflect the genre, such as if it is for marketing, public information, drama, etc. The translator will receive a copy of the video as a reference and be instructed to translate in a style matching the source material.
We also provide transcription services in any language, to provide time-coded scripts for translation. The length of many languages will expand when compared to original English and care must be taken in the translation to keep the true meaning of the English, while staying within the time frame allowed. For voice-overs and depending on the language, we sometimes have to edit the English to make a more concise version of the original, this is because the spoken version of many languages is much longer than the English and would not fit in the allocated time slot. Of course, the edited English is approved by the client before translation into Maltese.
Adelphi Studio also translates and produces foreign language subtitles into over 50 languages. Visit our subtitling pages to see examples including additional services such as on-screen text localization.