Professional Burmese typesetting services
Adelphi has over 20 years of experience providing Burmese typesetting services localizing brochures, manuals, reports, and packaging into Burmese ready to print.
Adelphi is a Burmese typesetting company that has helped hundreds of advertising and design agencies and their clients break into new markets and adapt their message into Burmese. Burmese is also known as Myanmar. As well as working for translation agencies worldwide, Adelphi has been a trusted supplier for companies such as Disney, Jaguar Land Rover, the Royal Armouries, HSBC, Barclays bank, Vidal Sassoon, the Overseas Development Institute, and Amnesty International.
All of our Burmese typesetting is produced in-house and we never farm out any of our typesetting work to external suppliers, keeping confidentiality and quality control to the maximum.
We currently produce financial reports every month in Burmese (Myanmar).
Why choose Adelphi
Clients often come to us with translations produced by another agency or a freelance linguist. However, in many cases, the translator will not have used a font that is compatible with professional typesetting software, making the translation unusable. In cases where the wrong font is used, the entire translation has to be rewritten using a professional font, thus incurring additional costs.
Thanks to Adelphi’s typesetting expertise, we understand that in some countries the fonts are often incompatible with each other and cannot simply be swapped with other fonts. When we produce the translation, we make sure that it is translated using a professional font that works in typesetting software packages.
We can also localize any graphics in the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We need the English original data for us to adapt into Burmese using InDesign, QuarkXPress, and other professional typesetting software, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “data collect or package” which includes all images, fonts, and links (images) to the document. Without these, we cannot create a print-ready PDF as the deliverable.
Why choose Adelphi
Clients often come to us with Burmese translations produced by another agency or freelance linguist. However, in many cases, the translator will not have used a font that is compatible with any typesetting software, making the translation unusable. In cases where the wrong font is used, the entire translation has to be rewritten using a professional font, thus incurring additional costs for you.
Thanks to Adelphi’s typesetting expertise, we understand that Burmese fonts are often incompatible with each other and cannot simply be swapped with other Burmese fonts. When we produce the Burmese translation, we make sure that it is translated using a professional font that works in typesetting software packages.
The Burmese or Myanmar script uses diacritics to represent sounds, these diacritics must be rendered correctly.
We can supply the finished Burmese document as a print-ready PDF set to your specifications, if required we can also outline the text in InDesign so you can print from the InDesign file itself.
Adelphi has localized many books, here are just a few examples read more here. Adelphi provides book translation and localizing into over 100 languages for publishing companies and authors.
Get the most out of your typesetting localization project – tips and advice read more here
- Many languages will expand once translated from English, so we’d recommend you leave some space for this. If in doubt, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Your style can be central to your project, but sometimes simple really is best. Drop caps, bold, italics and color text in the same paragraph can sometimes not translate into your chosen language in the way required to reproduce the effect. By avoiding these you can keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them. This is where our company’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it to the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.
Burmese translation services
Adelphi has its own in-house translation department providing translations in over 120 languages including Burmese.
Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only into their mother tongue. This ensures accuracy. By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting we will ensure that the correct font is used to avoid any problems at the printing stage.
Adelphi also provides Burmese subtitling and voice-over services. Click here to go to our Burmese subtitling page
Click on the video to play