Book translation and localizing in over 100 languages
Adelphi has translated and typeset books of various subject matter from historical to religious. We can provide translations or work with your own. Adelphi has typeset documents in over 120 languages and has built up expertise in using InDesign, QuarkXpress, FrameMaker, Illustrator and all Microsoft applications. When typesetting some languages it is important to know which font works for that particular language in a particular design package. By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting we will ensure that the correct font is used to avoid any problems at the typesetting stage.
The sample above is of a book we typeset in Sinhala and was called ‘The Man-Eater of Punanai’ by Christopher Ondaatje. This is the story of a small village in Ceylon where the locals were terrorized by a man-eating leopard.
All our Urdu typesetting is handled in-house and carried out by our own experienced typesetters. As well as books we produce all kinds of Urdu printed materials including corporate brochures, packaging, business cards, posters, and manuals.
The above is a sample from a recently typeset religious book in Greek for an American publishing company.
Get the most out of your typesetting localization project – tips and advice read more here
- Many languages will expand once translated from English, so we’d recommend you leave some space for this. If in doubt, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Your style can be central to your project, but sometimes simple really is best. Dropcaps, Bold, italics and colored text in the same paragraph can sometimes not translate into your chosen language. By avoiding this you can also keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them. This is where our company’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it to the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.
We can also localize any graphics in the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We need the English original data for us to adapt into Bulgarian using InDesign, QuarkXPress and other professional typesetting software, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “data collect or package” which includes all images, fonts and links (images) to the document. Without these, we cannot create a print-ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished Bulgarian document as a print-ready PDF set to your specifications, if required we can also outline the text in InDesign so you can print from the InDesign file itself.