Professional Hebrew typesetting services
20 years of experience providing Hebrew typesetting services producing Hebrew brochures, manuals, and packaging. We typeset in all right to left languages.
Adelphi is a Hebrew typesetting company that has worked with hundreds of advertising and design agencies and their clients to break into new markets and adapt their message into Hebrew. As well as working for translation agencies worldwide, Adelphi has been a trusted supplier for companies such as Disney, Jaguar Land Rover, the Royal Armouries, HSBC, Barclays bank, Vidal Sassoon, the Overseas Development Institute, and Amnesty International.
As a truly professional Hebrew typesetting company, we don’t subcontract your work, our highly experienced staff produces all our typesetting in-house. We also proofread and DTP QA the work before submitting a PDF proof for approval, keeping you in control at all stages.
Hebrew typesetting requires flipping the document so it reads right to left, also so it can be read with the correct pagination in place. We produce all kinds of Hebrew print materials including corporate brochures, packaging, business cards, posters, and manuals.
A basic guide to translation of InDesign files using translation software
By using an IDML file exported from InDesign we can speed up the translation and typesetting process when using translation memory software. This method keeps all the formatting from the original InDesign file such as links, character and paragraph styles and fonts plus any interactive elements such as cross-references.
We can also localize any graphics in the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We need the English original data for us to adapt into Hebrew, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “collect or package” which includes all images, fonts, and links (images) to the document. Without these, we cannot create a print-ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished Hebrew document as a print-ready PDF set to your specifications, if required we can also outline the text in InDesign so you can print from the InDesign file itself.
Adelphi has localized many books, here are just a few examples read more here. Adelphi provides book translation and localizing into over 100 languages for publishing companies and authors.
Get the most out of your typesetting localization project – tips and advice read more here
- Hebrew is generally the same length or even shorter than English. Hebrew does not have an uppercase so if you’re using uppercase in English then we have to use something else such as bold.
- Your style can be central to your project, but sometimes simple really is best. Drop caps, bold, italics and color text in the same paragraph can sometimes not translate into your chosen language in the way required to reproduce the effect. By avoiding these you can keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them, including Hebrew. This is where our company’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it to the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.
Hebrew translation services
Adelphi has its own in-house translation department providing translations in over 120 languages including all right to left languages such as Hebrew.
Adelphi ensures all our translators work only into their mother tongue, ensuring the accuracy and message of your project. By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting it ensures that you get the best of services.
Adelphi Studio offers typesetting, subtitling, and voice-over services globally from our offices in the UK and the USA.
All US, Canadian, and South American inquiries should be directed to our US office while all other inquiries should go to our UK office.
Tel : +44 (0)114 272 3772
Tel : 916 414 8714