Professional Multilingual typesetting services
Adelphi has over 20 years experience providing Multilingual typesetting services localising your brochures, manuals and packaging into Multilingual formats ready to print.
Adelphi are a Multilingual typesetting company that have helped hundreds of advertising and design agencies and their clients break into new markets and adapt their message into Multilingual formats. As well as working for translation agencies worldwide, Adelphi has been a trusted supplier for companies such as Disney, Jaguar Land Rover, the Royal Armouries, HSBC, Barclays bank, Vidal Sassoon, the Overseas Development Institute and Amnesty International.
All our Multilingual typesetting is handled in-house and carried out by our own experienced Multilingual typesetters and we often have to combine 2 or more languages into one document, mixing a range of right to left and left to right languages too.
We produce all kinds of printed materials including corporate brochures, packaging, business cards, posters and technical manuals. The obvious problem when combining languages is mixing right to left and left to right scripts and this should be taken into account when designing the original document.
For Amnesty International we have typeset brochures in Kurdish Sorani, Tamil, Italian, Chinese, Cambodian, Croatian, Farsi, Albanian, Malay, Urdu, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Sinhalese, Indonesian, Nepali, Korean, Russian, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Khmer, Georgian, Serbian, Kinyarwanda, Swahili, Hindi, Bengali and Greek.
We can also localise any graphics in the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We need the English original data for us to adapt into Multilingual using InDesign, QuarkXPress and other professional typesetting software, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “collect or package” which includes all images, fonts and links (images) to the document. Without these we cannot create a print ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished Multilingual document as a print ready PDF set to your specifications, if required we can also outline the text in InDesign so you can print from the InDesign file itself.
Adelphi has localised many books, here are just a few examples read more here
Get the most out of your typesetting localisation project – tips and advice read more here
- Many languages will expand once translated from English, so we’d recommend you leave some space for this. If in doubt, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Your style can be central to your project, but sometimes simple really is best. Bold, italics, and even colours in the same paragraph can sometimes just not translate into your chosen language. By avoiding this you can also keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them. This is where our company’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it within the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.
Multilingual translation services
Adelphi has its own in-house translation department providing translations in over 120 languages including Multilingual.
Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only into their mother tongue. This ensures accuracy. By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting it ensures that you get the best of services.
Adelphi Studio offer typesetting, subtitling and voice-over services globally from our offices in the UK and the USA.
All US, Canadian, and South American enquiries should be directed to our US office while all other enquires should go to our UK office.
Tel : +44 (0)114 272 3772
Tel : 916 414 8714