Professional Danish typesetting services
Adelphi has over 20 years of experience providing quality Danish typesetting services localizing your brochures, manuals, packaging into Danish ready to print.
Our Danish typesetting service has helped hundreds of advertising and design agencies and their clients break into new markets and adapt their message into Danish. As well as working for translation agencies worldwide, Adelphi has been a trusted supplier for companies such as Disney, Jaguar Land Rover, the Royal Armouries, HSBC, Barclays bank, Vidal Sassoon, the Overseas Development Institute, and Amnesty International.
All of our Danish typesetting is produced in-house and we never farm out any of our typesetting work to external suppliers, keeping confidentiality and quality control to the maximum.
A basic guide to translation of InDesign files using translation software
By using an IDML file exported from InDesign we can speed up the translation and typesetting process when using translation memory software. This method keeps all the formatting from the original InDesign file such as links, character and paragraph styles and fonts plus any interactive elements such as cross-references.
Click here to read more information
We can also localize any graphics in the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We need the English original data for us to adapt it into Danish using InDesign and other professional typesetting software, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “data collect or package” which includes all images, fonts, and links (images) to the document. Without these, we cannot create a print-ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished Danish typeset document as an InDesign data collect and as a print-ready PDF set to your specifications.
Adelphi has localized many books, here are just a few examples read more here. Adelphi provides book translation and localizing into over 100 languages for publishing companies and authors.
Get the most out of your typesetting localization project – tips and advice read more here
- Many languages will expand once translated from English, so we’d recommend you leave some space for this. If in doubt, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Your style can be central to your project, but sometimes simple really is best. Drop caps, bold, italics, and color text in the same paragraph can sometimes not translate into your chosen language in the way required to reproduce the effect. By avoiding these you can keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them. This is where our company’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it to the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.
Danish translation services
Adelphi has its own in-house translation department providing translations in over 120 languages including Danish. Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only into their mother tongue. This ensures accuracy. By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting it ensures that you get the best of services.
Adelphi Studio offers typesetting, subtitling, and voice-over services globally from our offices in the UK and the USA.
All US, Canadian, and South American inquiries should be directed to our US office while all other inquiries should go to our UK office.
Tel : +44 (0)114 272 3772
Tel : 916 414 8714