Professional Sinhala typesetting services
Adelphi has over 20 years of experience providing expert Sinhala typesetting services localizing brochures, manuals, and packaging into Sinhala ready to print.
Adelphi has helped hundreds of advertising and design agencies and their clients break into new markets and adapt their message into Sinhala as well as working for translation agencies worldwide.
One of the samples here is from a book we typeset in Sinhala called ‘The Man-Eater of Punanai’ by Christopher Ondaatje. This is the story of a small village in Ceylon where the locals were terrorized by a man-eating leopard. The other sample is of typesetting we carried out for Amnesty International. All our Sinhala typesetting is handled in-house and carried out by our own experienced typesetters. We produce all kinds of Sinhala printed materials including corporate brochures, packaging, business cards, posters, and manuals.
All of our Sinhala typesetting is produced in-house and we never farm out any of our typesetting work to external suppliers, keeping confidentiality and quality control to the maximum.
A basic guide to translation of InDesign files using translation software
By using an IDML file exported from InDesign we can speed up the translation and typesetting process when using translation memory software. This method keeps all the formatting from the original InDesign file such as links, character and paragraph styles and fonts plus any interactive elements such as cross-references, this enables the translator to work directly in the InDesign file, but without actually using InDesign.
We can also localize any graphics into Sinhala the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We need the English original data for us to adapt into Sinhala using InDesign, QuarkXPress, and other professional typesetting software, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “data collect or package” which includes all images, fonts, and links (images) to the document. Without these, we cannot create a print-ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the completed Sinhala typeset document as an InDesign data collect and as a print-ready PDF set to your specifications.
Adelphi has localized many books, here are just a few examples read more here
Get the most out of your typesetting localization project – tips and advice read more here
- Many languages will expand once translated from English, so we’d recommend you leave some space for this. If in doubt, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Stylized text can be central to your design, but sometimes simple really is best. Mixing bold, italics, and colors in the same paragraph may not translate into your target language and will slow down the typesetting process. By avoiding these you can keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them. This is where Adelphi’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it to the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.
Sinhala translation services
Adelphi has its own in-house translation department providing translations in over 120 languages including Sinhala. Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only into their mother tongue. This ensures accuracy. By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting we will ensure that the correct font is used to avoid any problems at the printing stage.
Adelphi Studio offers typesetting, subtitling, and voice-over services globally from our offices in the UK and the USA.
All US, Canadian, and South American inquiries should be directed to our US office while all other inquiries should go to our UK office.
Tel : +44 (0)114 272 3772
Tel : 916 414 8714