Professional Arabic typesetting services
20 years experience providing Arabic typesetting services producing Arabic brochures, manuals and packaging. We are experts in all right to left languages.
We have helped hundreds of advertising and design agencies and their clients break into new markets and adapt their message into Arabic. As well as working for translation agencies worldwide, Adelphi has been a trusted supplier for companies such as Disney, Jaguar Land Rover, the Royal Armouries, HSBC, Barclays bank, Vidal Sassoon, the Overseas Development Institute and Amnesty International.
We also produce monthly financial reports in Arabic for use in 5 Arabic countries.
As a truly professional Arabic typesetting company we don’t subcontract your work, our highly experienced staff produces all our typesetting in-house. We also proofread and DTP QA the work before submitting a PDF proof for approval, keeping you in control at all stages.
Arabic typesetting requires flipping the document so it reads right to left, also so it can be read with the correct pagination in place.
We produce all kinds of Arabic print materials including corporate brochures, packaging, business cards, posters and manuals.
We can also localise any graphics in the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We often get asked to use Arabic numbers in our Arabic subtitling but “Arabic numbers” are actually most commonly referred to the numerals widely used in Europe and the Americas. e.g. 123456789. Whereas they often mean to use Arabic-Indic numbers. See below.
We need the English original data for us to adapt into Arabic, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “collect or package” which includes all images, fonts and links (images) to the document. Without these we cannot create a print ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished Arabic document as a print ready PDF set to your specifications, if required we can also outline the text in InDesign so you can print from the InDesign file itself.
Get the most out of your Arabic typesetting project
- Arabic is generally the same length or even shorter that English. Arabic does not have an uppercase so if your using uppercase in English then we have to use something else such as bold.
- Your style can be central to your project, but sometimes simple really is best. Bold, italics, and even colours in the same paragraph can sometimes just not translate into your chosen language. By avoiding this you can also keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them, including Arabic. This is where our company’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it within the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.
Arabic translation services
Adelphi has its own in-house translation department providing translations in over 120 languages including all right to left languages such as Arabic.
Adelphi ensures all our translators work only into their mother tongue, ensuring the accuracy and message of your project.
Our expertise in the language you need guarantees the correct font for your translation and typesetting, averting the problems typically faced in some foreign language typesetting.
Adelphi Studio offer typesetting, subtitling and voice-over services globally from our offices in the UK and the USA.
All US, Canadian, and South American enquiries should be directed to our US office while all other enquires should go to our UK office.
Tel : +44 (0)114 272 3772
Tel : 916 414 8714