Tagalog is written with the Latin alphabet and consists of 28 letters, adopting the Spanish Ñ and Tagalog NG digraph. It poses no problems when typesetting.
Tagalog graphics localization
If you have any text in your graphics we can localize them into Tagalog, to do so we require the original ‘live text’ files such as in Photoshop or Illustrator. We have the latest Adobe CC applications on Apple Mac computers.
DTP QA (quality assurance)
DTP QA is carried out by one of our experienced project managers after the brochure has been set in Tagalog. They will check the document for typos, incorrect placement of text, the accuracy of dates, numbers, product names etc. when compared to the English original. At Adelphi, we always carry out DTP QA on all our typesetting projects until the document is perfect.
We require to be provided with a “collect or package” of the original English artwork for us to adapt it into Tagalog this should include the fonts and any images linked to the document, without these we cannot create a print-ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished Tagalog artwork and a print-ready PDF set to your specifications.
Get the most out of your typesetting localization project – tips and advice read more here
- Many languages expand once translated from English, so it is best if you leave some space for this. If in doubt, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Bold, italics and even colours in the same paragraph may not translate into the target language. Avoiding excessive use of these will keep your costs down and speed up the process.
- Drop caps and uppercase are not supported in some languages.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it to the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- We can advise on fonts to match the original as close as possible
Tagalog translation services
Our own in-house translation agency provides translations in over 120 languages including Tagalog. By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting it ensures that you get the best of services, we are happy to work with your own translations and can advise on the best way to organize the translation for maximum efficiency. We also use translation memory so if your brochure is to be updated on a regular basis we can provide 100% matches and ‘fuzzy matches’ to existing translations to keep the costs down.
Adelphi also provides brochure translation and localization in over 80 other languages