Italian uses the Latin script and Italian typesetting presents no problems. The base alphabet consists of 21 letters: five vowels (A, E, I, O, U) and 16 consonants. The letters J, K, W, X and Y are not part of the proper alphabet and are used only for loanwords.
Italian graphics localization
If you have any text in your graphics we can localize them into Italian, to do so we require the original ‘live text’ files such as in Photoshop or Illustrator. We have the latest Adobe CC applications on Apple Mac computers.
DTP QA (quality assurance)
DTP QA is carried out by one of our experienced project managers after the brochure has been set in Italian. They will check the document for typos, incorrect placement of text, the accuracy of dates, numbers, product names etc. when compared to the English original. At Adelphi, we always carry out DTP QA on all our typesetting projects until the document is perfect.
We require to be provided with a “collect or package” of the original English artwork for us to adapt it into Italian this should include the fonts and any images linked to the document, without these we cannot create a print-ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished Italian artwork and a print-ready PDF set to your specifications.
Get the most out of your typesetting localization project – tips and advice read more here
- Many languages expand once translated from English, so it is best if you leave some space for this. If in doubt, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Bold, italics and even colours in the same paragraph may not translate into the target language. Avoiding excessive use of these will keep your costs down and speed up the process.
- Drop caps and uppercase are not supported in some languages.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it to the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- We can advise on fonts to match the original as close as possible
Italian translation services
Our own in-house translation agency provides translations in over 120 languages including Italian. By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting it ensures that you get the best of services, we are happy to work with your own translations and can advise on the best way to organize the translation for maximum efficiency. We also use translation memory so if your brochure is to be updated on a regular basis we can provide 100% matches and ‘fuzzy matches’ to existing translations to keep the costs down.
Adelphi also provides brochure translation and localization in over 80 other languages