Adelphi Studio is looking for freelance audio-visual translators translating between English and the following languages:
Successful candidates will be employed to work on Adelphi’s language projects in (but not limited to) the following ways:
- Transcribing and translating audio-visual materials (most commonly videos) directly from their source language audio to a time-coded transcript of the specified target language.
- Proofreading audio-visual translations carried out by other translators.
- Providing translation and/or proofreading on other translation projects as assigned.
In carrying out the above, successful candidates will:
- Adhere to company policies and procedures as outlined in our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Adhere to deadlines and instructions given by the project lead in purchase orders.
- Preferably be available to work overtime and weekends if so required.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills, qualifications and proficiencies:
- Native all-round language proficiency in the language to be translated into.
- Excellent all-round language proficiency in the language being translated from.
- Excellent translation skills with an acute and nuanced cultural awareness.
- Three years’ commercial experience working in the translation industry as a translator.
- Experience specifically in audio-visual translation or at the very least the appetite to quickly learn the processes and skills required for this type of work.
- Excellent computer-based competence.
- Initiative to carry out appropriate research on the material being translated.
- Excellent communication skills and attentiveness to instructions (including deadlines) and guidelines given by the project lead.
- University degrees in languages and translation desirable.
- University degrees specifically in audio-visual translation especially encouraged.