Professional Urdu typesetting services
Over 20 years experience providing Urdu typesetting services, we produce Urdu brochures, Urdu manuals and Urdu packaging creating print ready PDFs.
Adelphi are a Urdu typesetting company that has worked with hundreds of advertising and design agencies and their clients break into new markets and adapt their message into Urdu. As well as working for translation agencies worldwide, Adelphi has been a trusted supplier for companies such as Disney, Jaguar Land Rover, the Royal Armouries, HSBC, Barclays bank, Vidal Sassoon, the Overseas Development Institute and Amnesty International.
As a truly professional Urdu typesetting company we don’t subcontract your work, our highly experienced staff produces all our typesetting in-house. We also proofread and DTP QA the work before submitting a PDF proof for approval, keeping you in control at all stages.
Urdu typesetting requires flipping the document so it reads right to left, also so it can be read with the correct pagination in place.
We produce all kinds of Urdu print materials including corporate brochures, packaging, business cards, posters and manuals.
There are two Urdu scripts use naskh and nastaliq. Naskh is based on the Arabic script whereas nastaliq is written in a Perso-Arabic and is a more ornate in style.
Naskh is quickly phasing out nastaliq and is used in almost 100% of the Urdu typesetting we produce.
We can also localise any graphics in the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We need the English original data for us to adapt into Urdu, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “collect or package” which includes all images, fonts and links (images) to the document. Without these we cannot create a print ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished Urdu document as a print ready PDF set to your specifications, if required we can also outline the text in InDesign so you can print from the InDesign file itself.
Adelphi has localised many books, here are just a few examples read more here
Get the most out of your typesetting localisation project – tips and advice read more here
- Urdu is generally the same length or even shorter that English. Urdu does not have an uppercase so if your using uppercase in English then we have to use something else such as bold.
- Your style can be central to your project, but sometimes simple really is best. Bold, italics, and even colours in the same paragraph can sometimes just not translate into your chosen language. By avoiding this you can also keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them, including Urdu. This is where our company’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it within the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.
Urdu translation services
Adelphi has its own in-house translation department providing translations in over 120 languages including all right to left languages such as Urdu.
Adelphi ensures all our translators work only into their mother tongue, ensuring the accuracy and message of your project.
By using Adelphi for your translation and typesetting it ensures that you get the best of services.
Adelphi Studio offer typesetting, subtitling and voice-over services globally from our offices in the UK and the USA.
All US, Canadian, and South American enquiries should be directed to our US office while all other enquires should go to our UK office.
Tel : +44 (0)114 272 3772
Tel : 916 414 8714