Our in-house typesetting department has been typesetting foreign language materials in over 120 languages for over 20 years. With clients like Disney, Jaguar Land Rover, Vidal Sassoon and hundreds of advertising and design companies worldwide. All our typesetting is carried out in-house and includes proofing. We also produce eBooks too.
Adelphi has been producing foreign language typesetting for over 20 years, in fact it’s how Adelphi got started, adding voice-overs, subtitling and our other services later as we looked to offer more localisation services for our clients. Up to now our typesetting services have been on a stand alone website but we thought it would be better to offer these services through adelphi Studio. We have many sample to look at and if we can help in anyway please get in touch.
We can also localise any graphics in the document using Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the image we could require the original layered data with live text, not outlined text. We have the latest Adobe CC applications.
We need the English original data for us to adapt into your chosen languages using InDesign, QuarkXPress and other professional typesetting software, this is usually supplied by the design agency as a “collect or package” which includes all images, fonts and links (images) to the document. Without these we cannot create a print ready PDF as the deliverable.
We can supply the finished document as a print ready PDF set to your specifications, if required we can also outline the text in InDesign so you can print from the InDesign file itself.
Get the most out of your typesetting localisation project
- Many languages will expand once translated from English, so we’d recommend you leave some space for this. If in doubt, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Your style can be central to your project, but sometimes simple really is best. Bold, italics, and even colours in the same paragraph can sometimes just not translate into your chosen language. By avoiding this you can also keep your costs down and speed up delivery.
- Drop caps and uppercase for emphasis can look great in English, but some languages don’t use them. This is where our company’s typesetting experience can help you.
- If you want to place text over an image, try to add it within the document rather than in the image itself. That way we can edit exactly what you need changing.
- As an experienced typesetting agency, we know our fonts and some languages have more restrictions than English. Our staff can show you which fonts work in whichever language you desire, right down to the different weights and condensed versions.